Support for educators, students, and caregivers using assessment tools and resources from home
The Start Strong Assessments are:
- Available to New Jersey school districts at no cost;
- Intended to provide an optional resource for in-class feedback and support;
- Based on prior-year(s) academic standards;
- Available in English Language Arts (ELA) grades 4-10, Mathematics grades 4-8, Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II, and in Science grades 6, 9, and 12;
- Administered in approximately 45-60 minutes;
- Able to provide immediate results; and
- Available in English, Spanish, and Text to Speech (TTS).
Getting Started Online
One of the best ways to help your child get ready to take assessments is to have him or her look at the online tutorials or practice tests. Tutorials will show your child how the online test works and how to use the online tools and helps make sure your child’s device will work for the assessments.