Support for educators, students, and caregivers using assessment tools and resources from home
The Start Strong Assessments:
- Are based on a subset of prioritized prior-year academic standards;
- Are available in ELA grades 4-10, Mathematics grades 4-8, Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II, and in Science grades 6, 9, and 12;
- Can be administered in approximately 45-60 minutes;
- Will provide immediate results to educators through the assessment platform; and
- Will include the same accessibility features and accommodations as the NJSLA, including forms in Spanish and Text to Speech (TTS).
Getting Started Online
One of the best ways to help your child get ready to take assessments is to have them look at the online tutorials or practice tests. Tutorials will show your child how the online test works and how to use the online tools and helps make sure your child’s device will work for the assessments.
Learn about and interact with the online platform and tools available for Computer-Based Assessments
Provide an opportunity for students to familiarize themselves with the kinds of items and format used for the tests.
Note: The test for the previous grade level (or logical high school course) must be used.
Access interpretive guides and results information.
The Digital Item Library provides access to items previously administered on a NJSLA ELA, Math, and Science tests. The library categorizes items by Evidence Statements or Common Core State Standards and contains searchable fields to help find specific items. Items can be previewed in the format presented on the computer-based assessment or downloaded as individual or bulk PDFs.